Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Could I Lease a House For Sale? Ask a REALTOR

aarbannerjpg

questionI recently saw an ad of a house for sale. I am interested in calling the REALTOR to see if the seller would be interested in a rent-to-own agreement, but I am hesitant to contact the Realtor because I fear that they would just tell me that the seller will not agree to it. My question is: what is in it for the realtor? Would they still make a profit off of the house or not?

-Jeff

answer Most sellers are not willing to do a lease-to-own in the current market. It does not hurt to ask, for sure. The Realtor may earn a part of the first month’s rent and then a commission at closing of the property. It is best to find a property you like to lease, then have the first right of refusal to purchase the property. That means that at the end of the lease, if the owner wants to sale, you would have the first right to make a purchase of the home.

amydowns

Amy Downs is a REALTOR with Keller Williams Realty in Dallas, TX.

Are you interested in having a qualified REALTOR reply your questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer